Monday, August 31, 2009

More thoughts on the object speech

It was great meeting all of you on Saturday! I can tell that we're going to have a great time (at least as good of a time as you can have in class on a Saturday) and I look forward to hearing all of your speeches. You seem to be a confident group so far. Keep it going!

When you select a topic for your object speech, remember it should be something that is tangible, and can (or could at one time) be seen, held, etc. You might select a person from history, an item you collect, a vacation destination or a breed of dog/cat that you own. My first speech as a Cameron student was actually over the history and origin of the Barbie doll.

Ask yourself - is this topic I've selected about something I can touch, a place I could visit, a person I could meet?

Your second speech over an event will address something that has occurred in the past or happens currently. Topics might include a historical event, major holiday, diseases and syndromes like diabetes, breast cancer, AIDS, ADHD, autism, etc.

Good luck and don't forget your rough drafts are due on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment